Ender 3 Max Z-offset/Z movement

Yeah…I don’t think you understand the problem here. I don’t have a problem setting my Z offset perse’…I know how to set the Z offset. I’ve had no problems setting the Z offset on printers until downloading one of these builds. This isn’t a BLtouch issue either (I’m pretty sure, since that has also been working correctly until loading one of these builds). All of the wiring is correct.
The problem is somewhere in the coding of config.h or configadv.h telling the Z stepper to be somewhere it shouldn’t be. Unfortunately I am way out of touch with coding Marlin and I can’t seem to wrap my head around Visual Studio (seems to be what all the cool kids are using nowadays). When I was last into 3d printing, I used something else to edit and create .BIN files and I unfortunately have a memory like sieve and I can’t even recall what I used or how I used it. So I’m not new to this but I am. As such, I don’t have access to the wizard either.
This is why I opted for the firmware builder. Unfortunately, the firmware builder lacks certain nuances that get the printer working correctly. The offset stepping in micro-steps is one thing that doesn’t make sense. It doesn’t give any option whatsoever to change this in the LCD menu. The fact that Z will not lower below 0.00mm is another. If it doesn’t, there’s no way to adjust for Z offset.
It looks like I’ll have to spend some more time with Visual Studio and try to get the code edited myself. Can’t seem to get a build to compile without hitting errors and I don’t understand VS enough to navigate to where I can fix these errors.
Sadly, it looks like I wasted money on something I can’t use (the subscription to download builds).