Bed leveling grid

Hello! I was having issues getting the correct firmware to get my CL Touch to work until I found this amazing site. Everything works great now, but there is one little thing I would like to change. I have a glass bed and would prefer if the leveling probe only checked in the 4 corners of the build plate.

I’m using the daily build “Ender 3 - v4.2.2 Board - BLTouch”

right now the probe checks in 25 different spots I believe, and for me that is overkill. I’m not sure if what I’m looking for is a grid size of 2 or 4

I would also like to keep all other features of that specific daily build aside from the filament runout sensor. Thank you!

In theory, you should be saving your grid to the EEPROM and only having to probe again when you either change buildplate, or move the bed level.

You really shouldn’t be doing a G29 auto-level on every print.

I’m aware, and I do. I don’t level every print as my bed doesn’t change. I was just wondering how to set up the custom firmware builder for those specific features because I don’t understand it very well. Everything I mentioned are options, I’m just unfamiliar with the terminology.

The number of probe points is set under Bed Leveling → Bilinear Bed Leveling → Grid size. The default is 5 (ie 5 x 5).

If you go down the builder path, you’ll also need to transcribe your other required settings to the config.