Bed Leveling with Firmware Builder

Hi all need help have a Ender 3 Max just changed the main board to a v4.2.7 and swapped the LCD for the Ender 3 V2 LCD screen and used the Marlin Firmware builder to build the firmware for this as there is nothing available for this setup.
So Iv’e used the Ender 3 V2 profile and customized the sizes to fit the Max enabled runout sensor and the CR Touch but cannot get the bed leveling right in the firmware builder I enable LCD Leveling but when it compiles it fails and the message it puts out is does not work with this LCD on the LCD screen in the menu I have Activate Leveling but its not working . I have tried the Firmware builder 4/5 times but the problem still remains any help would be welcome

Thanks

It may well be that those specific menus are not supported on the graphical screen.

If you are using Octoprint, you can always use the commands directly within Octoprint to do things.

The next best thing would be to use a Marlin UI based menu system on the DWIN screen - however I don’t yet have the ability to select this as yet. I’ll add it to the todo list.

Hi, I too have an Ender 3 Max with a v4.2.7 main board. If you search an Ender 3 max build you should find one with the v4.2.7 board. I found it on the “Marlin Firmware Service” and it works great for me, all the bells and whistles you could want.

Hi Bob I need a Firmware Build for my Ender 3 Max that will work with the Ender 3 V2 LCD screen, tried the Custom Firmware builder using the Ender 3 V2 as a base Firmware with no joy no LCD bed leveling in the menus cause when finished compiling the error message says the LCD screen is not compatible. So Iv’e hit a brick wall at the moment.

You don’t need the LCD Levelling menu to do levelling.

Have you tried building it without that option?

Hi I did try it without the LCD Leveling menu and tried to run the CR Touch I have installed on my Ender 3 Max and it went off the bed even though I changed the printer sizes in the firmware so at the moment I’m back with the original LCD screen with all menus on, the bed is level and running great.

If you mean it went off the bed when probing, its likely you need to set the probe offset via M851 to match what you have now.

In my case with Ender 3 Max 4.2.2 and CR-Touch

M851 X47.00 Y-15.00

and I use Probe Margin 10