BLtouch doesnt function with nightly build

Hi, i have tried the 4.2.7 build with BLtouch but the sensor sits with a red light and doesnt function.

I tried creating it myself using the builder and that didnt function either.

Any help please?

Double check that you have the BLTouch connected to the PROBE port and not using the Z endstop port.

If you are using the Z endstop, make sure you select that option in the builder.

Hi, its a CR Touch version with a single plug that fits to the probe port, i have checked and its definately in that port. i checked my builder fw version and hadnt selected the port option. changed to the port option and still no joy, same story with the nightly build as well.

is the actual pin config now different for this version of Marlin? my board hasnt changed only the version of Marlin in the hopes of bettwe functionality and print quality :slight_smile:

thanks for your help thus far

The pin parts don’t normally change (if ever)…

As for the startup process, when you power the machine on, the printer will tell your probe to deploy and retract twice. It listens for the signal coming back from the probe to ensure that its functional.

So it normally comes down to a two step troubleshooting process.

1. If the pin doesn’t deploy, check via the menus to command it to deploy. If this doesn’t work, then there’s an issue with sending a command to the probe. This is normally a wiring issue.

2. If the pin deploys, but using it fails, then its normally a problem with the return signal from the probe. Again, this is normally a wiring issue.

Be aware that there are many different cables wired really weirdly out there for probes. Some will actually short circuit the board if plugged in as received.

While this only covers the real BLTouch, you can check the FAQ on this forum to go through some troubleshooting and probe usage methods that might help you figure out what is going on.

Thanks for replying :slight_smile:

I’m thinking I’m having an issue with firmware as the bilinear isn’t featured in the about printer menu.

Is there a way to force the system to reflash as evert .bin i place on the card doesn’t change the outcome.

:-/

The firmware file needs to be called something different each time you want to flash it.

While some boards use a firmware.bin, the Creality boards will flash the first bin on the SD card it finds. If that still exists, it won’t flash anything new.

So on your SD card, have one binary file, and make sure it has a different filename each time you go to update.