Correct port for BL Touch probe using Marlin Service firmware

Hi all,

I’m using an Ender 3 Pro with 4.2.7 board and BL Touch (v3?).

I recently had to replace the hot end so I removed cabling from the motherboard. After rebuilding I installed one of the Marlin Software daily builds.

Initially when homing, the printer ignored the BL Touch probe position and tried to drive the nozzle into the base. Now the BLT will do a self-test at power on and then won’t respond to any other commands (no BLT reset, test, deploy, retract).

Prior to the hot end change all worked well. I had the BLT cabling connected to the 5 pin socket - with modification to pin wiring as needed.

Now I’m wondering if the daily builds need the probe wire pair connected to the 5 pin socket or the original Z-stop socket?? Can someone advise, please?

I’d also be very grateful for any other suggestions to bring the old girl back to life! :wink:

Just read on another post that the 5 pin port is correct…

Yes, the probe port on boards that have them is the correct one to use.

From what you’re saying, its most likely to be a cabling issue - ie a loose wire or connection.

Thanks CRCinAU,

I’ve just been reading the BLT FAQ and it describes the fault however the probe won’t respond to the G-code commands.

I had issues with the cable plugs coming loose so I have hot-glued them into place … better check I got the polarity around the right way. :thinking:

Not at home now so will have to check it later.

Yeah - if it doesn’t respond to commands, it’ll be the 3 wire split… If it doesn’t trigger, its the 2 wire split.

I’ve tried to expand on the FAQ as much as possible to try and make troubleshooting these things easier, but if you feel there’s something to add, let me know…