Filament sensor on ender 3 V1 not working at all

Hello. How im supposed to connect filament runout switch to ender v1 3 + 4.2.7 with bl touch
currently im using builder with low status and connectin switch to outer pins in motherboard but it wount react in anyway. should i use high status. how to connect or is tft screen problem ?

It really depends on the switch and how it is wired up as to which settings you need to choose.

The switch will activate on LOW if you have the NC pins between 5v and the sense pin.

The switch will activate on HIGH if you have the NC pins between GND and the sense pin.

The more advanced rotary encoder filament sensors require that the rotary options be selected - as they emit a pulse after a certain amount of filament passes through the sensor.

1 Like

I have activated Low setting on builder. I use old z axis mechanical where is C, NC and NO
I cant make it work I tried to connect
C - signal, NC - 5v, - NO - GND :
C - signal, NC - GND, NO - 5v
and also C - signal, NC - 5v. Nothing didnt work but one time when C - signal, NC - 5v, - NO - GND probe didnt work at all
Should i try to make HIGH software ?

Sure - give it a go…

Maybe I got it reversed in my logic above - its been a few years since I’ve played with them…

Glad to be a member of this fourm, the first post to tell everyone that I am here now.