Getting copy of configuration.h used

Is it possible to get a copy of the configuration.h file when building a custom firmware and when downloading an existing pre-built firmware? It can be helpful to know when changing settings for things like new hotends.

Thanks!

2 Likes

2nd this. Would be very useful for troubleshooting. Of which I am having probing issues with yesterdays build and today’s build on an Ender 3 Pro.

2 Likes

Thirded. I would love to see the settings being used.

2 Likes

This would be great as well especially if you would like to create custom codes as well

1 Like

same. i need to adjust my home on the x and y. im losing like 30mm off the front and 10 off the right side

1 Like

If you are using a Bltouch or something like that make sure you check the z-probe offset on the printer. As well the firmware builder has an option for that.

Same. Or at least some sort of record of what the variables were for a custom configuration. I have a system that’s working that I set up a few months ago and would like to update it, but I can’t recall the exact settings that went into create the custom firmware in the first place.

Staff, can we get a response on this? The first request (that I can see here) was three months ago at this point, and unless I’m misunderstanding something, the configuration.h and configuration_adv.h would also be covered under GPL. If they can’t be made available, an explanation of why would be appreciated.

Sorry, this has been addressed before, but for the record…

The configurations are all sourced from:

These are updated hourly on the builder, and before every build on the daily builds.

The two are different build systems, and right now, the daily builds only pass a single binary back as a result - then the entire environment is destroyed.

The custom builder also pushes back a single binary file which you are able to download. The base config starts as the above file in the repo, and then changes what you select in the builder.

The roadmap of stuff I want to do includes a ‘profile’ where you can save build details - but as this is a hobby, dedicating time to it is kinda difficult atm.

Fair enough. Sorry if I came across as accusatory. I appreciate your efforts and I’ll dig through those config examples and see if I can find what I’m looking for.

All good - It’s good for people to understand what goes in to things.

I had to completely redesign the build process when I built the custom builder, and that had its own challenges. However the daily builds are still on the old system - which is very restrictive and doesn’t scale well at all.

The custom builder scales really well by design, but its still a very limited system (by design) to get things in and out of. At the end of the build, everything is disposed of but the binary firmware.

In the background, I want to move everything to the single build system - the same one that does the custom builds - but that’s a mammoth effort to complete - so I haven’t had a chance to even scope out what I need to do to make this a reality as yet.

So, right now, things are somewhat difficult to keep in sync, but hopefully over time, I can make this a little better. It just requires brain space and time hahah

1 Like

Just to follow up, the Profile support is now available in the builder.