Is M413 Power-loss Recovery activated in E3 4.2.7 + bltouch firmware?

I have been using bugfix firmware, which I purchased from marlin.crc.id.au, and love it, but it appears the power-loss recovery function is not working. Does “initialize EEPROM” activate it? (I don’t understand what “initialize EEPROM” is for. Or does the firmware need to have M413 activated? Thank you.

By default, it isn’t enabled - so yes, you’ll have to use the G-Code option to turn it on - or do it via the menu system.

You’ll also need to make sure you have an SDCard inserted into the printer - as keep in mind it won’t work for USB based printing.

Which menu option do I use? “Initialize EEPROM”? Again, I am not sure what this option does. I don’t see an option to “enable power-loss recovery”. Thank you.

I tried the G code command, but pronterface reports that the command isn’t recognized. I am tempted to use the firmware builder to generate new firmware with power-loss recovery activated by default, but I also don’t want to pass on the nightly build firmware, which I can tell is well-tuned. Is it possible for me to get the nightly firmware with power-loss recovery activated? Thank you.