Newbie can't compile configuration.h for SKR Mini E3

Hi All,

Newbie to coding / microprocessors. I’m more of a mechanic than a coder and I’m floundering a bit here.

Have a stock Ender 3 with the 4.2.2 board. Works fine, but no support for dual Z or BLtouch, and it’s noisy! Picked up a BigTreeTech SKR Mini E3 version 2.0 ('cause the prices have plummeted since they released the version 3.0) and also the TFT35 E3 version 3.0 display.

I realized going into it that I was going to have to flash firmware into the control card, and thought I had read up sufficiently to pull it off, but it’s been one roadblock after another.

Biggest issue at the moment is trying to build a preconfigured file from BTT for this card and an Ender 3. When I load it into Visual Studio, right from the start I’m looking at 70+ errors that I have no idea what to do with (mostly error #59… see screenshot:

I’ve no idea if I can just comment these errors out since they don’t apply to this card, and I’ve even less idea why a file made specifically for this card and an Ender 3 would have so many errors in it (according to them it’s verified/tested and good.)

Don’t know if the answer is to chuck the preconfigured file and just use the latest Marlin version (2.1.2.1 ?) and use my original configuration.h and the one from BTT as reference?

Thought I had this, but apparently I’m in the deep end of the pool.

Any suggestions or direction would be greatly appreciated!