Y Positioning of Probe during G29 is not as expected

I am an experienced 3D printer user but have recently built my first printer from scratch. The printer is working as expected, but I am facing difficulties with Auto Bed Leveling.

The relevant adjustments I made in the “configuration.h” file are as follows:

#define EXTRUDERS 2
//#define HOTEND_OFFSET_X { 0.0, 38.00 } // (mm) relative X-offset for each nozzle // Currently commented out, as I set the offset in CURA
#define FIX_MOUNTED_PROBE // Inductive probe
#define NOZZLE_TO_PROBE_OFFSET { 17.25, -36, -0.1 } // Relative to E0
#define AUTO_BED_LEVELING_BILINEAR
#define RESTORE_LEVELING_AFTER_G28
#define EXTRAPOLATE_BEYOND_GRID
#define X_BED_SIZE 210 // Actual 235, but limited to 210mm for E0
#define Y_BED_SIZE 170 // Actual 190, issues with auto bed level sensor extending beyond the bed in Y
#define X_MIN_POS -38 // The endstop is positioned so that E1 is at X0 when E0 is at the Endstop, hence E0 must have its X0 at endstop+38
#define PROBING_MARGIN 0 // Does not function, hence more precisely defined in “configuration_adv.h”

in adv:
#if PROBE_SELECTED && !IS_KINEMATIC
#define PROBING_MARGIN_LEFT 5
#define PROBING_MARGIN_RIGHT 0
#define PROBING_MARGIN_FRONT 40 // It should no longer extend beyond the bed, but it does
#define PROBING_MARGIN_BACK 0
#endif

In reality, the first probing point starts at about X5 and Y100 instead of Y0, as hoped. To make probing work, I temporarily reduced the bed size by 20 mm. In case of larger ojects to print, I plan to release more bed using M428. However, I am uncertain how Marlin will calculate Z-correction if the bed size was different during the probing process. I would appreciate any coment that helps me to force marlin to start on the Y0 line with its probing.

Thank you very much

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.