Firmware builder support for Ender 3 v2 display and SKR Mini E3 v3 board

Hi! I’m working on upgrading my E3v2 to the abovementioned SKR board. I have the custom display cable and a BLTouch. When I use the prebuilt firmware at Ender 3 V2 - SKR Mini E3 v3 - Marlin Firmware Service , everything including the display works, but the BLTouch throws the STOPPED M999 error mentioned at BLTouch - Frequently Asked Questions when trying to home (as I always use the BLTouch to home Z). I can use the firmware builder with the Ender 3 + SKR Mini E3 v3.0 model, and the BLTouch “Use Probe port for probe” and “Use Probe for Z homing” option, and the BLTouch works as expected but the E3v2 display is blank.

Can you add an option to the builder for the SKR Mini E3 v3.0 board with the E3v2 display?

Thank you for this service. It’s saved what remains of my sanity whenever I decide to do a “simple drop-in replacement” upgrade on my printers… :laughing:

I’ll try to get to this in the next few days… I’ve been busy as hell with server migrations etc - as some might have noticed by the downtime today - trying to fit all the disruptive stuff into a single day and then spread out the behind-the-scenes stuff.

If it doesn’t appear by Monday, hit me up again to remind me.

Hope everything’s gone well with the migrations! Looking forward to this.

It’s getting there.

While I might be over-engineering this, the internal test version of the builder has a new Display tab:

It’s not quite functional yet - and all builds on it will fail - but once this is sorted out, it should hopefully function as intended.

I’m hoping to finish the rest of this by early next week.

1 Like

I haven’t managed to be able to do as much testing as I’d like due to a lot of issues this week - however I’ve pushed the new version of the builder to the main site.

In theory, it should be ok - but bug reports are welcome - as it opens up a lot of different combinations that I haven’t tested…