Is there a temporary problem on firmware builder?

Since I upgraded my Ender3 V2 to 350mm high, I created two firmwares on 19th and 23th of May, when I had no filament runout sensor. Both firmwares are okay with 4.2.7 board.

Now I got filament runout sensor and want to create a new firmware, I always get Error without explaination, compiling fails.

May I ask if there is a temporary problem on servers /builders?

Thanks for help.

Yes. There is currently a problem with the ProUI code that causes the compile to fail.

I’m looking for a temporary fix until it is fixed properly in the Marlin repo.

I may have found a fix in the meantime. Can you try building a custom firmware now and see if it works ok?

Okay, compiling success, but printer is busy for next 7 hours. I can not check right now if the firmware works. I’ll report it later.

Thanks for your concern and support.

1 Like

Unfortunately printer can not see the file as firmware and it can’t be uploaded to printer.

Try the normal troubleshooting - rename the file to a different filename, try reformatting the SD Card etc etc

See the Flashing Firmware section of the Ender 3 V2 FAQ.

I already tried all of them. Firmwares, dated 19th and 23th May can be uploaded but the latest ona can not.

Well, I’m not in rush. :slight_smile: I had no runout sensor for more than one year, it may wait a little bit longer. I’ll try time to time. I’ll be in touch.

Many thanks for support.

Well, today I built a new firmware, compiling okay, uploading to printer okay but can not print. When I choose a file “thumbnail not found” appears. Can’t be seen but seems there is a confirm/Cancel screen background, only frames appears when I wheel the button. What do I do wrong?

Recently, support for G-Code thumbnail images was added to the UI.

Even if you don’t use OctoPrint - this link has guides on how to set that up for each slicer:

I did explained procedure for Cura and created a post processing script.
Still “Thumbnail not found” appears and printer waits. In case I turn the button counterclockwise, a rectangle jumps from right to left, and printer starts to proceed printing when I press the button.

What is written in rectangles in right/left sides, I don’t know, probably “cancel/confirm” or “abort/contuniue”.

Let me try and chase this up and see what I can find…

Have you tried the MarlinUI builds in the meantime? They might be more suitable long term…